Medicine Theater bridges its own unique physical style of play along with exercises and games first developed by Viola Spolin (the internationally recognized originator of Chicago's The Second City Improv). Medicine Theater draws on elements of improv, ensemble building techniques, character and story creation, intention setting, meditation, yoga, and earth-based ritual in order to liberate our body, tap into our intuitive knowing and awaken our creative play which is our birthright; giving a voice back to the parts of us that have been voiceless.
Medicine Theater offers a variety of programs for adults and youth.
- 3 week series - Introduction to improv & story creation
- 8 week series - intermediate improv, story creation & performance
- 3 month - rites of passage play creation series
- weekend workshops & intensives
- specialty classes
- rites of passage retreats
- rites of passage after school programs
- improv workshops
- Medicine Theater anti-bullying programs